Parsons Mounted Cavalry
Parsons Mounted Cavalry, is a horse combat unit consists of cavalry, artillery and quartermaster elements. Military training at A&M included mounted drill until 1943, when the Army disbanded its horse operations. The Cavalry tradition was revived at A&M by the Class of 1974. The unit was named after then Commandant of the Corps of Cadets, Colonel Thomas R. Parsons. Military horse training is used to teach cadets self-discipline, confidence, leadership, and decision-making. Learning to manage an animal much larger than themselves with a mind of its own in challenging conditions develops many of the skills necessary for modern business and military leaders. There are 90 cadets and 50 horses in this unit. (pmc.tamu.edu)
2019-2017 – volunteered for Game Day Operations as a sidewalk to assist with crowd control.
Contributed over 1000 photos for use in fundraising efforts and promotional purposes.
Click here for gallery links